Here are my final rankings for the incoming rookie RB and WR classes.
We’ll roll out the rankings from Byron Lambert and the Trashman as well before putting out the cumulative RW Rankings at some point before the NFL draft kicks off so you can use the various materials as supplements to your draft weekend research and fun. A few notes to remember:
– These are not final RW rookie rankings, as mentioned. Those will be available in cumulative fashion in your downloads section once tabulated.
– These rankings will change massively for fantasy purposes once we know landing spots! These pre-NFL draft rankings are our estimations of the actual talent of the players after getting to watch as much film as possible and get our eyes on these guys live. I can’t remember a more landing-spot dependent group of running backs than this one for fantasy purposes, so stay tuned in the days following the draft for how the groups are re-shuffled with landing spots factored in.
– The first edition of the dynasty rookie cheat sheet will be up as soon as we can get it up. Please remember we will be covering the draft in Nashville for SXM and won’t fly back until Sunday when we’ll start with putting that together. As a reminder, we’ll be on-air on SiriusXM Fantasy Sports Radio along with a large panel of other fantasy and draft experts for the entire draft, from 6-midnight eastern on Thursday and Friday and during every pick of Day 3 on Saturday. Sirius 210 XM 87.
– My personal rankings sheet includes some college production numbers as well as combine results and NFL player comps. The production scores on the far right represent final-year production in college unless noted* and 40-times should be considered combine 40 times unless noted*.
– I did work on 25 running backs and 35 wide receivers during the draft process, so not every player that will be drafted was ranked, and players who are not listed do not necessarily mean I view them as lower-ranked than 25th or 35th, respectively.
In fact, here are the players of relative acclaim — that I like — at each position that I could see making the bottom portions of the list, but I was not able put enough time into watching to give them a ranking, for full transparency: