Many of you have asked about how to use the cheat sheet in auction drafts. It is actually a perfectly suitable format for using the sheet, so we’ve created this simple set of auction instructions to go with the Auction Sheets now available in your downloads section. Remember, this set of instructions is different from the three easy steps on the cheat sheet – and only to be used if you are participating in an auction as opposed to a traditional snake format. Rosterwatch PRO members can find all the “traditional” (snake draft) cheat sheets in their downloads section as well as separate sheets to be used in auctions.
FOR USE IN AUCTIONS
1) Next to each player, in space provided, record the player’s auction price to the winning bidder.
2) With opening bid, nominate a player you are not interested in, preferably outside of the Top 10-15 range positionally as listed.
3) Take a non-aggressive approach to early bidding and allow a small market sample of winning bids to appear recorded on your cheat sheet.
4) Identify auction nominations where it appears players higher up on the sheet may be had for less budget than players below him went for.
5) Bid aggressively on players in these situations until the value no longer exists.